Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Aloha! Namaste! Beinvenidos! Welcome!

Monday, September 9, 2013

Aloha! Namaste! Beinvenidos! Welcome!

Welcome to all of my lovely followers!  Whether you have followed my other blogs, are a personal friend, or a new blog lover, I hope you enjoy your time here! I guess I should start off by introducing myself!  I'm Briana, 22 years old from Philadelphia, PA.  I'm currently interning at Showroom 77 in Center City Philadelphia and running this blog!   I just recently graduated college with a BA in Technical Theater and am surely proud of it!

Why blog it?


I started this blog to express my love for fashion, beauty, and life itself.  I've had recent opportunity for interesting stories and insider content, so I thought, why not share it?  I've been a fashionista for as long as I can remember, designing clothes inspired by the runway shows flickering on my television screen.  Many filled sketch books, school projects, and Pinterest pins later, I'm pursuing my lifelong dream of having a presence in the fashion world (aka getting paid for something I love).

The Name

I'll bet you're wondering where I came up with the name Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns and why I chose it.  Well, here's your answer.  After many long hours of scouring the internet, racking my brain, and burning my corneas I finally decided on this beaut.  I wanted a title that would somehow encompass my personality, and the content of the blog (fashion, beauty, & lifestyle).  Being the overly complicated person I am, this made it incredibly hard.  But somehow this one seem to round it out pretty well.  I'll analyze it word by word:

-Sequin: Who doesn't love a good set of sequins? Every fashionista/o needs at least a little sparkle! ;)
-Gowns: Fashion. Couture. Need I say more?
-Mermaid: A lot of people say I remind them of a mermaid. I sometimes kind of feel like one too.  And mermaids, to me, encapsulate beauty, femininity, whimsy, and are also generally bad ass. I can dig it.
-Crowns: I don't know about you, but I totally would kill to be a princess.  Even if technically you're not one, you should still hold your head high and wear your invisible crown of awesome!

What I'll Be Blogging About

Here's just a basic list of topics Ill be writing about:

Fashion

-Internship events and happenings
-OOTDs (Outfit of the Day)
-Fashion Week coverage
-Trends & things I like

Beauty

-Makeup/hair trends
-Personal makeup & hair
-Internet finds

Lifestyle

-Great websites
-Personal posts
-Advice

These will be more clear once the posts start flowing!

In the end...

I hope you all enjoy my blog! Please comment, like, follow, and share with your friends!

XO, Briana

4 comments:

  1. Great to "meet" you! I'm now following via GFC. And I invite you to visit my blog tomorrow night and join the Meet & Greet blog hop, where you can meet more fellow bloggers!
    I'd love to see some of your fashion sketches! Can't wait to read more of your posts. =0)
    ~Kim
    Visiting from Blog It Up
    www.2justByou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim! Thanks so much for following! I will definitely check out the blog hop tomorrow, and check out your blog as well!
      XO, Briana

      Delete
  2. i love this introduction! can't wait to see what becomes of your blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm glad you liked it!! The blog is going slowly but surely so hang with me and I'll be posting some awesomeness!!! :D

      XO, Briana

      Delete