Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : NYFW Round 1: Day 1

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

NYFW Round 1: Day 1

So this past weekend I had the absolute pleasure to attend my very first New York Fashion Week! This has been a seemingly unattainable dream of mine since I was a child. Now that I've finally gotten to play Sex and the City, I just have to write about it!!


Lincoln Center Love

I was able to make it into Lincoln Center with the help of my boss, Angela, who owns a showroom in my hometown of Philly! She's one pretty awesome chick. Anyway, stepping inside was like stepping into a completely other world, where fashion is the only religion and ruled by popularity. And free swag. Definitely free swag.

We got to do some trend-watching, chit-chat on comfy couches, and sip on complimentary cocktails, courtesy of Sweet-and-Low. (Delicious, btw). Took lots of pictures, got taken pictures of, and commiserated about questionable fashion choices (i.e. the tin man). It was quite the roaring good time.

Raul PeƱaranda Show

So later that eventing, we attended Raul PeƱaranda's S/S '14 RTW Presentation. Although quite crowded, the clothes did not cease to impress. He seemed to have separate mini-collections within the one: Tough Girl Gold, Feminine Pastels, and a splash of Notice Me Oranges and Blues. (#namesimadeup). Personally, I didn't feel the collection was exactly cohesive, but I still loved the clothes! Here are a few of my favorites. (Aka, the best shots I got with little, short me & my iPhone)


Friends of Friends with Benefits


It sure pays to know people. It also pays to know people who know people. People who throw awesome parties. Saturday night, we got to attend a NYC rooftop party at the Yotel. Great music, great drinks, and a whole lot of crazy. Won't soon forget it!
Check back soon for Day 2!!

XO, Briana

No comments:

Post a Comment