Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Lights, Camera, ACTION!

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Lights, Camera, ACTION!

My life as an intern/blogger/800 other things has been pretty hectic recently.  In the past month or so I've been to fashion shows, showed pieces to a buyer, and recently started a bigger project: working Wardrobe crew for a movie!  It has been a wild ride so far, but overall it’s a good experience.

The movie I am working on is called Brotherly Love and it takes place in my hometown of Philadelphia!  It features stars including Keke Palmer, Romeo Miller, and Quincy Brown just to name a few.  And the fabulous Macy Grey will be starting her spot next week!  I can’t really go on about the plot line and all that fun stuff because I don’t want to spoil the film!  But I guarantee you it’s going to be great!!

Check it out on Instagram! #BROTHERLYLOVETHEMOVIE

When I was first brought on, our first task was to go shopping for clothes.  This was not hard for me to respond with an enthusiastic, “hell yes.”  We wound up going shopping in New York twice in one week.  We bought things, got product placement items, and worked with other stylists to pull clothes and jewelry. 

One of my favorite things was getting to meet Misa Hylton and enjoy a glass of wine with her while choosing jewelry from Simone I. Smith’s collection, of which she so graciously lent us.  All the pieces in her collection are phenomenal!  Although a bit out of my price range (understatement of the century), my all-time favorite is the lollipop necklaces.  They come in all sorts of colors, including this Aquamarine & Gold one that we used in the film!




New York was two long days of craziness: searching for places to charge our phones, feeling the need to stop at a Starbucks at every corner, and almost getting hit by taxis.  But we survived it, and felt pretty good about what we accomplished.

Now about 3 weeks later, the filming is almost complete! It has definitely kept me busy, which explains why I haven’t posted at all! We work 12 hours a day plus overtime, five days a week.  Sometimes, we have overnight shootings that go from 4pm-4am.  Then I proceed to sleep the entirety of the next day, which is always a Saturday.  And believe me, we really need that day… haha.  So far, I’ve met a lot of great people, made even better connections and learned a lot about an industry I went in knowing absolutely nothing about.  I’ll definitely be taking away many useful skills and a greater appreciation for sleep and drinks besides Mountain Dew.

I’ll be back soon with more on the film! Pictures, stories, inside Wardrobe Dept. jokes, and wrap party craziness!



XO, Briana

No comments:

Post a Comment