Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Thanksgiving is Upon Us!!

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving is Upon Us!!

So as we are all too well aware, Thanksgiving is a time for giving thanks! So I feel as though I should write the obligitory "this is what I'm thankful for" post and list things like family and good health. But that would be really boring and I kinda doubt anyone would read it. So, I have decided to do an non-traditional list of really ridiculous things I am thankful for and why. We'll stick to a top 5, since that's probably long enough.

1. Internet

Yes, I know. #firstworldproblems. But that was kind of the point of this post. I am thankful for the internet because it basically entertains me for the larger portion of my day. I don't know what I did before it existed. However, I was a small child still when it all started so I probably played Barbies and watched Disney movies. But in all seriousness, the internet has fueled a lot of inspiration and motivation for me whilst wasting countless hours of my life. I've had a lot of opportunities found via the Internet and I would not be blogging without it! So hurray for the Interwebs!

2. Noise Cancelling Headphones

Nothing like a long road trip listening to the Spanish radio station the entire ride. Yeah no. Enter the noise cancelling headphones! They are like cushions of sweet sounds for your ears! I put them on and I can listen to whatever I damn well please without interruption of the persistent merengue rythm pulsing from the car speakers. Pretty sure everyone within a 2 mile radius can hear that...except me. They also come in handy when you want to conveniently ignore your Mom as she asks you to hand her something from the backseat for the fourteenth time in the past hour. Or when the Spanish music changes to Christmas music and the dreadful "Christmas Shoes" comes on and you're really not in the mood for ugly crying. AKA what's going on in my car right now.

3. Online Pizza Delivery

I know this might be a sub-category of the Internet, but it is the service that I'm thankful for. I know I'm not the only person in the world who absolutley detests talking on the phone. Like, I hate it so much I get nervous just thinking about it. I can talk face to face with people all day, but if you want me to make a phone call, forget about it. So when I found out I could order my pizza over the internet, I was extremely excited to try it out. Not only do I not have to use the telephone, I can also take a good 20 minutes to decide what I want and how much money I'm willing to spend on Domino's, leave special directions for the delivery guy, and also satisfy my impatience with a little timer thing that tells me it's on its way! And some places even have an app so you can order right from your cellular device! So cool. Definitely not a step toward curing social anxiey, but it makes me happy.

4. Pillow Pets

Pillow Pets are one of my most favorite things ever. If I had to choose between the most expensive, goose-down pillow that exists and a crap ton of pillow pets, I would definitely pick the latter. They may not look it, but Pillow Pets are the most comfortable pillows I have every laid my spoiled little head upon. I have 2 regular ones and 3 baby ones, bringing me to a grand total of 5. And I will continue to buy more. My first one, that is approaching 3 years, looks like your mom's old teddy bear that she took with her everywhere and is probably missing an eye. Also, they are great for road trips, especially the little ones. They don't take up a lot of room and as I will reiterate once more, they are really comfortable. Who could say no to that face?!

5. Sarcasm

Lastly, for my list, I have chosen the gift of Sarcasm. I was blessed with fluent Sarcasm and I would not be who I am without it. It fuels my sense of humor (which not everyone gets, but whatever) and just generally makes me really happy. It is a skill not everyone possesses and I am thankful that I was chosen to receive such a horrible manner of speech and humor.

To wrap up my Thanksgiving post, here's a few pictures from my family Thanksgiving festivities!! :)

My OOTD: KUT Jeans, American Eagle plaid button down & belt, Guess? peacoat, Jessica Simpson bracelet.
My necklace is vintage from the 70s, given to me from my Grandmother.
Out on my aunt & uncles back porch, in Myrtle Beach SC.
The dessert table was so big I needed to take a panorama!! Yum!!

 

So with that, a very happy Thanksgiving to all!! Enjoy your day spend with family, friends, and lots of over eating...and maybe some football. :)

 

XO, Briana

 

No comments:

Post a Comment