Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : #VSFASHIONSHOW

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

#VSFASHIONSHOW

Being that this was the first year I got to actually sit down and watch the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show live, I figured when better a time to write a blog post about it!!

I really enjoyed watching the show!  As I'm sure most of us are aware of, it's not really about the underwear.  It's about the styling and the scenery and the glamour of it all!  One thing I thought was fun about this year's show was the music!  I even decided to write up the playlist for you all! Just in case you were wondering.



Now, I'm not Taylor Swift's number one fan, but I did like the outfits she wore! Especially that silver dress! No one can ignore how fantastic that piece was, no matter how much you hate her.


 Now I have to share my favorite looks of the night!  I really like how they always do themed sections.  I think it's really fun and gives them a lot of room for creativity!  It started off with the British Invasion which included the all-mighty 10 million dollar Royal Fantasy Bra (incredible) and some other really cute British themed looks.  Those wings are sick!!!

  

 Next up was the Shipwrecked section, which was really cool.  I loved the ghost-like, ethereal feel I got from it, and the sparkly runway looked like sand.  So pretty!.  This was my favorite from the group, but there we're a few others that really were beautiful.  But really, it's all about the wings!



Next was my personal favorite section, Parisian Nights.  There was some beautiful LINGERIE in this section! Some of the only looks that actually looked like underwear, which was appropriate seeing as we were being transported to Paris.  The opening look, worn by veteran angel Adriana Lima, was a stunner with giant red wings and simple red lingerie.  I also really liked the little Eiffel Tower headpiece! So cute!



Birds of Paradise was all about the feathers!! I loved the different placement on each girl, sleeves, collar, and full blown wings!


As for the Pink Network section, it was cute but I wasn't overwhelmed.  Seeing as the Pink brand is mostly known for the clothes, I thought they would have shown something new in terms of lounge wear but they chose to do the same as the other sections.  I did love this look with sequin jacket and "Pink Girls Rule the World" sports bra.  I would totally wear that! :)

                          

Last was your classic Victoria's Secret Angels.  Clad all in white with elaborate wings and lots of sparkle!  This was my favorite look!


 I really enjoyed watching the show and not only the runway but also the in-between bits.  It's fun to get to know the models and what they're like aside from prancing around in their underwear!  I also liked the message that it sent to girls of all ages.  The models are very "real" and fun and aren't worried about what other people think about them.  And they aren't just naturally built the way they are but they really have to work to look like that.  I find the Angels not only beautiful but inspiring!

I can't wait until next year's show! It would be a lot of fun to have a viewing party!

What were your favorite looks? Who's your favorite model? I want to know! Tell me in the comments section!!

XO, Briana



4 comments:

  1. Phenomenal review! I loved the costumes this year! Looking forward to your future posts ;D

    <3 Carsla
    Founder & CEO of Connect-the-Cloths
    www.connect-the-cloths.com
    A stylist's, foodie's, & writer's blog in development.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carsla! I'm glad you liked it!! Can't wait to have you back! :)
    XO, Briana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your review of the show! We totally agree about Taylor Swift. She could've been one of the models with her amazing looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls! Glad you liked it! :)

    XO, Briana

    ReplyDelete