Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Walk the Talk Event 2013!

Monday, December 23, 2013

Walk the Talk Event 2013!

This past weekend I had the honor of going to the annual Walk the Talk blogger event at Showroom77 in Center City, Philadelphia!!  The event was hosted by the fabulous Tweetie Elitou of Young Hip Chic and the equally as lovely Syreeta Martin of Sincerely Syreeta.   It was my first time in attendance and I have to say I had a fantastic time!  I brought my good friend Emma as my plus one and I know she had just a great of a time as I did.



As we entered we were greeted with awesome little gift bags, a complimentary pair of shoes from Shoe Republic LA, and a warm welcome from our hosts.



In the bags, we got several different beauty products from brands including Aunt Jackie's Curls and Coils, III Sisters of Nature, and more! In my bag, I received tons of hair products, some key-chains, and a bracelet.



We also got a raffle ticked that entered us to win one of the many prizes provided by the sponsors, which included artwork, jewelry from Chandra Jewelry, gift cards to Top Shelf styling services, and more!!  Throughout the event, the girls called out winners to all of these awesome prizes.  I was lucky enough to win one, a tub of Coconut Shea All Natural Pudding Souffle for the hair from Eden BodyWorks. I can't wait to try it!





Delicious food was served by The Young Cookinista, my favorite being the mini desserts!! I would have eaten them all if I could have! She had a little bit of everything; meatballs, pasta salad, yummy rolls and a fruit platter.


The rest of the evening was filled with good music, networking, and lots of prize winners! I had the pleasure of meeting a lot of wonderful fellow bloggers and fashion industry mavens.  Overall it was a great time and an innovative concept.  I hope to attend the next event in the spring!!  Thanks girls!!








XO, Briana

P.S!  Here's a list of all the gifts I received, in case you were wondering! ;)

IN CONTROL: MOISTURIZING & SOFTENING CONDITIONER
CURL LA LA: DEFINING CURL CUSTARD
OH SO CLEAN!: MOISTURIZING & SOFTENING SHAMPOO
KNOT ON MY WATCH: INSTANT DETANGLING THERAPY
KEYCHAINS

III Sisters of Nature
NATURAL LENGTHENING CREME
SWEET HONEYROSE TREATMENT

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for coming, Briana! It was so great to meet you! I've placed a direct link to this write-up on the SS Fb page. Be sure to stay in touch and I'll see you around on the fashion scene!!! xo -Sincerely Syreeta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course!! It was a great time and wonderful to meet you as well! Thanks so much for the linkage!! ;) Talk to you soon!!!

      XO, Briana

      Delete