Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Lillie Couture {Fashion February}

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Lillie Couture {Fashion February}

Hey everyone!

So this post is going to be the kick off to a series of Fashion Week posts! Hurrah!  As you know New York Fashion Week was this past week, February 6-13th.  Also, Philadelphia Fashion Week starts next week! So February is a very busy month for me! But here is the first event of the season for me!  So I hope you enjoy it and be on the look out for more "Fashion February" Posts!!


Lillie Couture Designs

So last Friday I had the honor of being invited to the Lillie Couture Designs Fashion Show!! Lillie Couture is a beautiful label by designer Latasha Hall.  She's a Philly girl, with her Fashion Design degree from our very own Art Institute of Philadelphia!  She says the Lillie girl is "fun, fresh, and effortlessly fashionable."

The Cocktail Hour

When we arrived, there was a small cocktail hour with hors d'oeuvres, cupcakes, and cocktails.  I got to catch up with my friend Erika of Your Chic is Showing, and hang out with Angela-to whom I owe this invitation and much much more!




The Collection

The collection was a twist on an Alice in Wonderland theme, with enough whimsy and fantasy to go around.  The pieces were intriguing with outstanding fabrics, handcrafted embellishments, and tediously perfected ruffles.  The collection was also styled with themed headpieces and masks, which were absolutely adorable. 



I really loved the collection.  I thought it was beautifully made and well thought out.  I also really liked the use of Alice in Wonderland.  She successfully got her inspiration across without it being "costumey" which is difficult to do.  My favorite piece was the white dress in the top photo.  I think any girl could pull that off and the fabric was to die for.  I mean, look at those ruffles!!  I also loved the final dress, which is shown in the center left photo.  It was just breathtaking.  I can't wait to see Latasha's next collection!  She's got a great eye and wonderful ideas!

Here's the last looks video! For more, check out the Lillie Couture website! 





 XO, Briana


2 comments:

  1. Look like you had such a great time! I'm completely jealous!! Love the blog girl! Thanks for the follow :)
    xo jess
    www.stmurrie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure did!! Thank you, I'm glad you like it!! And no problem :3

    XO, Briana

    ReplyDelete