Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : GlamST Virtual Makeup Tester

Sunday, March 16, 2014

GlamST Virtual Makeup Tester

Hey everyone!! So recently I was given the opportunity to test out the website GlamST.com, a virtual makeup tester.  And can I say, this website is so cool!  It's super easy too!  The company is pretty new and the website is still in the works, but for now I can give you a mini introduction.



The site was made for girls like you and me who have that oh so horrible problem of buying makeup online. After all, how am I supposed to know if that $25 lipstick is going to look good on me in that shade without trying it on?  Enter GlamST.  They have a growing selection of products to test in all different colors.  So that whole annoying process is pretty much eliminated!   So shall we try it out?

After logging in, you can choose to use a model with a face/coloring similar to yours, or upload your own picture.  If you choose the later, the site will take you through a few steps to calibrate your photo and then you're all ready to go!



Once you have your pic ready, it's time to start trying stuff on!  You can go through step by step, or skip around as you please.  There are three sections: Face, Eyes, and Lips.  Each section has a few subsections, for example, concealer, liners, and gloss, amongst others.



I first did my face: foundation, concealer, powder, blush. (in that order.)  As you try things on you have options of color and amount.  And if you don't like it, just click the trash can to take that makeup off! If you decide you like something, you can like it to save for later, or add it to your shopping basket right there! It's that simple!





For my makeover, I chose a natural, summer look, because I'm sooo ready for summer right about now.  I did a light base just to cover my skin imperfections, a coral blush, brown shadow and liner, purple mascara, and pretty pink lips to top it off.  Here's my before and after:

Before (no makeup)
After GlamST Makeover

And here is the list of products I used:

Foundation: Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35 in light
Concealer: Bareminerals Stroke of Light Eye Brightener in Luminous 1
Powder: Givenchy Le Prisme Visage Mat Soft Compact Face Powder in 83 Peach Plumetis
Blush: Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks in Calypso Coral

Eyeliner: Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes in Pearly Brown 2L
Eyeshadow: Laura Mercier Shimmering Neutrals Eye Trio
Mascara: Givenchy Noir Couture 4 in 1 Waterproof Mascara in Purple Velvet

Lipstick: Nars Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in New Lover




My overall review of the site would be an A!  The concept is awesome and the site is adorable.  Also the products currently on there are really nice ones and a good selection.  My only cons would be that the site runs a little bit slow and there are still a few glitches, but that's totally understandable for a new site.  I can't wait to see how it is after it's been up and running for a while longer!  Regardless, I know you are all gonna love it! So please go check out this site!  I promise you won't be sorry!  Even if you don't buy anything, it's always fun to give yourself or your friends a makeover! Also, don't forget to check out their Facebook profile for updates!!

XO, Briana

This post brought to you by Brand Backer

No comments:

Post a Comment