Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : #PowerofPlants: The Boots Botanics Ionic Clay Mask!

Sunday, March 16, 2014

#PowerofPlants: The Boots Botanics Ionic Clay Mask!

Hey everyone!  So today I'm going to tell you a little bit about the Boots Botanics Ionic Clay Mask that I received courtesy of influentser!  I finally got the time to try it out and it did not disappoint!

First a little bit about the product.  This mask, when used, "actively removes impurities and deeply cleanses." It's also supposed to make your skin less shiny.  In the directions, it suggests that you use it a couple times of week for best results.  So seeing as I've only used it this one time, I'm just going to give you my initial reaction to it and how it made my skin feel.  The mask is made up of mostly organic materials, it's star ingredient being Willow Bark Extract.  Also, all of the Botanics products are free of parabins, mineral oils, parafin waxes, SLS, and SLES.  It's not tested on animals and the packaging is made of mostly recycled materials.  Save your face and the environment simultaneously!



Now lets get to the fun part.  Me and my fails at using new products.  So after reading the directions on the package (which as with anything else are extremely vague) I proceeded to put the mask on.  Now, it failed to tell me to shake well before using, so it was running everywhere and made a huge mess.  So please if you buy this make sure you shake it first to avoid a green goblin esq crime scene.

Next, I just smeared the now appropriately thick mask all over my face and neck, avoiding the eye area and making sure to put enough on.  You want to make sure you use enough to cover your face and not see skin peeking out, but not too much where it takes forever to dry.


Bonus ridiculousness

Once you feel like you've put an ample amount on, you get to sit around for ten minutes with a green face.  I proceeded to sing Defying Gravity for as long as possible before it was too stiff and I could no longer move my face. (LOL)  So don't expect to have a conversation for that short bit.  And don't laugh either. Seriously.

P.S. I wasn't trying to look miserable, i just couldn't make an expression


After your ten minutes are up, your face should have turned a lighter, less putrid colored green and be hard as a rock.  Make sure you touch it because it feels really cool.  Then proceed to your bathroom (if you're not already there) to take it all off.

On the package, it says something about tissues, and whatever.  I just rinsed it off with warm water and that seemed to do the trick.  I would recommend using tissues to make sure you get off all of the slime, I mean mask, as to not get it on your clothes or your white towel.  Luckily, my towel happened to be green.  I patted dry and Voila! good as new!



My skin now feels tighter, softer, and cleaner.  It's also more even in color and less oily.  It kind of feels like getting a mini facial!  This is definitely one of the best masks I've used.  I don't know about you guys, but I like to see/feel results right away and this one for sure hit the mark.  I would recommend this to just about anyone who needs a little R&R for their skin!  Enjoy!

XO, Briana

Brought to you by:

No comments:

Post a Comment