Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Snowman New York {Fashion February}

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Snowman New York {Fashion February}


While I was New York City for fashion week, I had the great honor of being able to visit the Snowman New York showroom, thanks to my good friend Angela!  She just signed them on as a new client and was there for a meeting, so we got to tag along to come and check it out! The company just moved their workplace so I got to see their new place, plus almost their entire collection for the season!  Everyone was super nice and welcoming.  They were excited for me to come and check out their line, and obviously so was I! I got to sit down with one of the designers, Jennifer Suh, for just a minute and she told me a bit about their vision for the brand.  We talked about the lack of fashionable outerwear that is also warm and comfortable.  With the Snowman New York brand, they hope to give the typical winter coat a modern, New York makeover!


Looking through the collection, I fell in love.  Every coat was unique and super chic.  There was lots of furs, great color, and innovative shapes. Did I mention they do dresses too?!  Also, the coats were super light-weight and thin, avoiding that A Christmas Story look we Northerners know all too well.



While we were there, Jen and her wonderful HR maven, Murrill Oaks, actually let us do a mini photoshoot in the showroom featuring some of our favorite pieces!  Thankfully, I had my "should-be-a-model" friend Emma with me to try them on! Ang even got in on the action for a shot!

Ang caught an action shot!
We picked our top four pieces and tried them out!  The first one (shown in the top and left photos) has a super cute fur hood, a cool green color, and the featured light weight down.  The one pictured in the right and bottom photos was black with a full fur front (which was super soft and shiny, btw) and a lovely face, framing collar.





This piece, shown below, was one of the first things I saw when I walked into the showroom.  It's a leather dress with fur trim and it is adorable.


Lastly, we got to see a piece from spring collection that I'm seriously in need with.  There is so much going for this little jacket! The sleeves are down, but the body is not which creates the perfect amount of warm for spring!  The collar is super "popable" and the curve in the back is flattering and unique.  It's a very versatile piece that should be a staple in every cool girl's closet!




Overall, I had a great experience at the Snowman New York showroom!  We had so much fun hanging out and doing our photo shoot!  I also really loved the whole collection!  Definitely an up and coming brand that I would recommend to any girl looking for a chic, new coat.  I can't wait to see more of what they produce in the future and hope to collaborate again with them soon! Thanks again for having us!!

For more information, look books, and shopping check out the Snowman New York website!

XO, Briana


No comments:

Post a Comment