Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Christine Shampoo & Conditioner by Van Thomas Concepts

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Christine Shampoo & Conditioner by Van Thomas Concepts

About a month ago, a friend of mine, Jason Griffin (celebrity stylist) so kindly told me he would love to work with me on my blog. I was so thrilled to have someone who not only lives in a completely different world from me ( LA baby!) but also is influential in the fashion industry. So for our first project, he hooked me up with a wonderful agent from Pistol & Stamen and she soon sent me some shampoo and conditioner to try out!



The set is called Christine and it's by Van Thomas Concepts. I received the The Christine Shampoo and The Christine Reconstructive Conditioner. I waited a little while to write the review because I wanted to thoroughly test the products. So after about a month of using them, these were my results!
First off the product itself. One of the most important thing to me about hair products is the smell. I pride myself on having fantastic smelling hair every day of my fashionable life. So therefore, I must have simply delicious smelling shampoo and conditioner. These definitely fit the bill. It smells amazing. It leaves your hair smelling like citrus and flowers. There is no way a girl won't feel good about herself smelling that wonderful.
Next is what it's made of. The shampoo is sulfate-free and paraben free, with no harsh chemicals, avoiding the stripping of essential oils and dryness. It uses grape seed and apricot oils for added shine and blackcurrant oil and essential omega-6 fatty acids for healthy hair growth. Also the shampoo is made to cater to all hair types!  The reconstructive conditioner uses hempseed oil, aloe veraextract, grape seed oil and olive fruit oil that hydrate, restore, and repair hair.

I particularly like products that use natural products. My hair seems to take better to them. Since my hair is curly, it tends to be more temperamental and harder to tame. All of the reparitive and hydrating treatments did wonders for my frizzy, dry curls. After only a few uses I started to see results.

Here I am with no product in my hair!!

After using the shampoo and conditioner together for a little over a month, I have noticed drastic results in the texture of my hair and how it behaves. When I wash it, it's less knotty and easier to brush after washing. Since I wash my hair every other day or more if I can, my curls tend to knot up and make my life a living hell after waiting those few days. I find myself sitting and brushing my hair for like twenty minutes just trying to detangle it! But ever since I started using the Christine products, it's gotten a lot better. My hair is also less frizzy, thank god. Since the start of spring, my hair has pretty much turned on me. Most days I just give up and rock the afro that is my un-tameable hair. I even started referring to it as Miley (because it "can't be tamed" Get it?) Anyway, the reconstructive conditioner really worked wonders in that department. I saw a noticeable difference in the size of my afro, especially after I'd been using it for a couple weeks. I can now go to bed with freshly washed hair and wake up with nearly perfect curls that only require a bit of tousling, some of my John Freida Miracle Cream, and some climate control hairspray and I'm good to go! It takes me a maximum of like, 3 minutes. So thank you, Christine products for making my hair a lot happier!

Close up of the Christine products doing their job!
The price is nothing to shake your head at either, by the way. The shampoo retails for $18 and the conditioner at $32 for a 12 oz. bottle. On average, my shampoo and conditioner costs about $12 combined or less, so these are a smidge out of my normal price range. But if you're really battling unruly or unhealthy hair, these are definitely worth the splurge. Also, there are 2 additional products in the line that I haven't tried: The Protective Glaze and the Body Wash. If they are anything like their fellow products, I have no doubt that they will be great!

Contents of my package!
Overall, I had a wonderful experience with both of the Christine products!  They worked particularly well on my hair, and I have plenty left to enjoy for another month or more!  Much thanks to Jason and Pistol & Stamen who were generous enough to send me these great hair products!  Look forward to hearing more from them soon!  If you want to learn more about the products I talked about, here is the website!  Let me know your thoughts if  you decide to get your hands on these!!

XO, Briana


2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try this! Your hair looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You would probably love it! And thanks girly ;-*

      Delete