Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Get Tropical with BA Star!

Monday, June 16, 2014

Get Tropical with BA Star!

Hey everyone! I'm so excited to show off this awesome new eyeshadow I just got!  It's the Tropical Shadow Pallet from BA Star Pro-Makeup!


The BA Star makeup is typically used for dance, cheerleading and stage, which it is perfect for.  The shadows have high pigmentation, giving you bright, vibrant colors without the work of layering!  However, anyone can use them if you're looking for a bold look.

Depending on what you do for a living, this makeup could definitely come in handy.  Back when I worked at Pirate's Voyage, I used to do my eyeshadow with tons of bright colors and lots of glitter.  Just because I could.  I mean, who wouldn't? Anyway, I really wish I'd had this pallet then, because it would have been perfect!



Fortunately, I am still convinced that I'm a mermaid, so why not do my makeup like one?!  Now mind you, I didn't wear this look to work, but I might for a luau party or tone it down a bit for a day on a tropical island. Definitely a summer thing, but it came out so pretty!

But first, I did some swatches for you!  The pallet comes with 5 colors, all with glitter.  There is Lime Green, Blue, Purple, Hot Pink, and Silver.  Here they are swatched side by side.



Also, with the pallet, I received the BA Star Glue Base, which is an eyeshadow primer/glitter base.  I have used several eyeshadow primers in the past, and this one worked pretty well in comparison.  I tried it out with a simple rub test.  The first photo is the same color without the primer on the left and with it on the right. I noticed the color was brighter and shiner with the primer.



Then I just rubbed them both with my finger to test the staying power!  As you can see, there was a big difference.  I don't doubt that this shadow will stick all day or through a pretty intense dance routine if that's what you're doing.

So no makeup review is complete without a look!  Like I said, I decided to do a mermaid look in the spirit of the tropical pallet.  I wanted to use all of the colors, but there is a lot of potential for them on their own! The silver would be awesome for a smokey eye!

This look was pretty simple.  First, I put on the BA Star Glue to prime my eyes.  Then I used the silver on my entire eye as my base color.  Next I put the green on the center of my lid, then put the blue on the outer edge and blended it into the green.  Then, I used the purple in my crease.  Now for the blending.  I put some more blue to blend the purple and blue in the outer corners.  Last, I lined my bottom lashes with the pink, and put a little bit of silver on the inner corner of my eyes as a highlight!!




Besides the shadow, I used Urban Decay Ink for Eyes liquid liner, Benefit They're Real mascara, and e.l.f. gold glitter liner.

I was pretty happy with how it came out!  The colors looked glittery and vibrant and they blended particularly well!  I will definitely use this pallet whether I'm just playing around, doing some stage makeup, or anything that requires some punchy color!!



BA Star has some wonderful products from shadow pallets, glitter, tools and more!  And we both want you to try it!! Check out the website and enter the code 50TROPIC for 50% off your purchase!! You're welcome!! ;)  If you do buy something, I want to know what you think and how you used it!  Link me to your review or comment and tell me all about it!

XO, Briana

This post is sponsored by Brand Backer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment