Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Happy Birthday America!

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Happy Birthday America!

So as you well know, yesterday was the 4th of July!  Hurray America!!  So naturally, my family had an old fashioned, American BBQ.  There was tons of food, games, and laughter, as there is at most of my family get together.  Also, as always, I had to dress up!  Independence Day and Memorial Day are really the only times when I feel confident no one will judge me for looking like an American flag.

I have to note that this is my new favorite dress.  It's probably the most flattering dress I've ever worn, hands down.  The ruffles are girly, but draw attention to my smallest part, and the petal style skirt covers my middle problem area.  It's the perfect length: right above the knee.  Honestly, if I wear anything much shorter I look hoochy, since I'm literally all legs, haha. Plus knee length is forever classy!  Then the sleeve is just enough to slim my arms and adds a really cute detail to the neckline!  Basically, I could go on all day about how much I love this, but you can see in the picture just how adorable it is!



Dress: City Chic at Nordstrom Rack | Shoes: Kenneth Cole Reaction | Necklace: Amazon 

After our huge dinner of hamburgers, hot dogs, ribs, etc (I could go on for days!), it was time for dessert! My dad and I decided to make what I like to call "boozecicles," which in layman's terms is an alcoholic popsicle.  Perfect for a hot summer day!  This is the first time we made them, so they were a little on the strong side, but I think with the proper tweaks in the recipe they would be perfect! (And they were delicious, regardless.)  Here is a general recipe of the special patriotic ones we made. I've name them the "Red, White, and Booze" Boozecicle:


Red: Strawberry Daiquiri Mix, White Rum, Sprite
White: Coconut Rum, Sprite
Blue: Blue Curacao, Sour Mix

They are super easy to make too.  I mean, if I can do it, I can guarantee anyone can (#cantcook).  All we did for the six we made was poured the ingredients for each color into separate cups (or you could just do one at a time) and mix them as if you were making a drink.  Then we poured about the same amount into each mold.  To do the stripes, we popped them in the freezer for a bit in between until they were frozen enough to keep the colors separated.  There's not really an exact science to it.  It's more based on your preferences!  Keep your eyes out for more "boozecicle" recipes this summer!  I plan on making different ones for different occasions.  When I make them, I'll post the recipe!  If you make these or try your own, let me know!! I love to see what everyone is up to! :)



Hope you all enjoyed your 4th of July!

XO, Briana

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great 4th! I totally want popsicles now!

    Sarah
    aroseinthecity0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That I did! Hope you get some popsicles! :) haha XO, Briana

      Delete