Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Mascara Wars

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Mascara Wars

As a makeup connoisseur, I know that I have tried so many different mascaras it isn't even funny.  I haven't found one I hated, but I am still on the quest for my favorite!  So I decided to duke it out between my 4 current top mascaras!

So far, most of the one's I've tried have been from Maybelline.  It all started when I bought one of the new ones to try and  the cycle continued; every time a new one came out, I bought it.  For a while I preferred the Maybelline Cat Eyes mascara, but then I tried the first mascara on my list: the Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes Mascara.

Shown in the first picture, this mascara works pretty well!  It gives my lashes volume and length like a good mascara should.  I like it because it gives my lashes a natural look.  My favorite thing about this mascara is the double wand.  I find that the small wand is perfect for the bottom lashes.  It makes it so much easier to grab those baby lashes without smudging it under my eyes.  Also, it retails for about $8 and it comes in waterproof as well! Can't beat that!

Second up is the Benefit They're Real Mascara.  I kept hearing so much about this mascara: that it was the best premier mascara on the market and that it was basically "magic".  So obviously, I had to try it for myself.  I am pleased to say I really love this mascara and I agree with all of the hype it comes with.  It not only lengthens and volumnizes, but also darkens your lashline, so you almost look like you're wearing eyeliner as well.  The coolest thing about this is the wand.  Again.  The shape allows you to not only apply as you normally would (lift and wiggle!) but also use the wand vertically.  It gets all of those little lashes you didn't even know were there and curls them even more, post-eyelash curler.  My only negative about this one is that it's really hard to get off.  I don't actually use "eye makeup remover" persay.  I just use a facial wipe to remove my makeup, so it takes a while to get it off and most of the time there's still some residue.  But a good oil-based remover should get it off.  If not, Benefit does sell a remover specifically made for the "They're Real" products.  I have to say, as much as I feel like it may be a marketing ploy, I still really want to try it. But overall, the product is wonderful. Price wise, this is a premier company, so it's a bit on the higher end; it retails at $23.  However, they also sell a mini version that's only $10!  So if you want to try it and are still skeptical, the mini is your BFF!  The small sizes are also great for travel!  A+, Benefit!




The third picture shown is the Cover Girl Bombshell Volume Mascara that I got to try, courtesy of my Influenster Surf's Up Vox Box.  This one is similar to the Maybelline mascara in that it has a double wand: Step 1: Volumize. Step 2: Intensify.  I really like this one for when I'm wearing darker eyeshadow, because it really does intensify the lashes.   You can see even by the picture that my lashes are thicker and darker, especially near the lashlines.  I like using this for a night out or if I'm just feeling like being a little bit glamorous!  This mascara retails for about $12, depending where you go.  For brands like Cover Girl and other drugstore brands, keep your eyes peeled for coupons!  They often pop up at Rite-Aid, CVS, Target, and even Ulta sometimes does deals.  Overall, I really like this mascara.  It looks great and I hardly can tell I'm wearing it! Way more comfortable than wearing false lashes, and it looks just as good!  Thanks Influenster!

Last, but not least, is the Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara that I received in last month's Influenster Vox Box.  So if you read my blog regularly, you've already seen this one in action!  Since I got it, I noticed that I've been using it quite a lot.  I really like the easy, natural look it gives my lashes.  As a natural makeup kind of gal, it goes great with my variety of neutral brown eyeshadows and still looks great sans eyeliner.  This one doesn't pump up the volume as much as the Bombshell, but it separates your lashes really well and gives you a nice, finished look. Price wise, this one is in between retailing at $15.  You can get it on line, or through your personal Mary Kay consultant!

So after trying all of these different mascaras, I can't say I favor any one of them!  They're all great and work perfectly for different occasions and looks. I think you should have more than one favorite to go with your mood, look, or occasion! I would recommend all of them to every one of you!  All of them work wonderfully and look great.  Who needs falsies when your natural lashes can look just as good!

So have you guys tried any of these? What do you think?  Leave your comments below!! :)

P.S. I feel like I should explain the difference of color in the photos.  I took a picture of each mascara on different days at different times!  So the two center photos were in full natural light, the others were a combination of natural light and the light in my room.  Oh, and that's my actual eye color, no editing!  They change ;)


XO, Briana

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I am always looking for a new mascara, but right now I am really in love with revlon lash potion! It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! And awesome, I'll have to check it out! :) XO, Briana

      Delete