Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Obsessed: Fashion Favorites / Friday Link Ups

Friday, July 11, 2014

Obsessed: Fashion Favorites / Friday Link Ups


Hey everyone! I'm very excited to be launching my Obsessed series, where I list a bunch of things I'm obsessed with at the end of the week!  I'll often link up with the Friday Five, since five seems to be a reasonable list for one post! So without further ado, here is the first of I hope will be many!

1. Chanel Couture Fall/Winter 2015 Collection

O.M.G. I can not express in words just how obsessed I am with this collection!  First off, let me note that I am a huge fan of Chanel, Coco Chanel herself, and the incredible Karl Lagerfeld.  So maybe I'm a bit biased.  But I can't see how anyone could not be overwhelmed by the beauty of even just the fabrics in this collection.  Lagerfeld takes the classic, chic silhouettes that define the Chanel brand and kicks them up a notch.  He adds a modern twist by pairing coat style dresses with matching, visible knickers.  The collection is cohesive, feminine, classic, and elegant while still being new and fresh.  Again, I am obsessed, and I will take one of everything!  View the entire runway show below!


2. Henri Bendel Jetsetter Backpacks


I first saw these beauts on the Henri Bendel Instagram page and immediately fell in love! I love me a good, chic backpack, and I've been meaning to replace my 3 year old, tattered up rucksack I got a JCPenny's. (It's super cute, but it's definitely seen better days haha)  Then along came Henri.  I'm already obsessed with these bags and consider myself a Bendel girl, even though I only actually own one bag (which I have gotten a great deal of use out of!).  What I love about these backpacks are the sleek, modern shape and array of colors!  There are already a few selections out now, and more to come at the launch of the Holiday collection (hello, cute prints!).  Plus, after I looked it up on the Bendel website, I realized that they are also convertable! You can not only wear it as a backpack, but also a satchel or crossbody!  How cool is that?! Definitely a wardrobe staple.  But I'm totally saving up for one of these, since they ring in at a $278.  Not horrible, but still a bit of a splurge for me.  I'm what you call an, "I got it on sale" girl.  Ain't nothin' wrong with that! But, if I did have endless cash, I'd have at least three of these! Check it out for yourself on their website!

3. Mara Hoffman Spring Prints

Every time I come upon one of these prints, I'm always squealing over how great they are.  Then I look at the tag, Pinterest link, or the details on my Covet Fashion game (yes, I'm addicted) and see that it's a Mara Hoffman.  I'm a sucker for bright, interesting prints and Hoffman's seem to always catch my eye!  They have a fun, bohemian vibe that's great for summer!  As if the prints weren't already fabulous, the clothes that wear them are just as wonderful! I have become a huge fan of the brand, and I also really love their blog! This collection was actually one of the shows I got to watch live on the TVs in Lincoln Center!  Loved it then, love it even more now!  Here are some of my favorites and things that caught my eye ;)







4. Zuhair Murad Dresses

Once upon a time, I was pinning my life away and I came upon this glorious dress:


I immediately fell in love and vowed that if/when I get married and make my way to a sample size (unlikely) I will buy this dress for my wedding day.  Ever since, I've been obsessed with just about every dress by Zuhair Murad.  I've pinned dozens on dozens of them and I'm honestly blown away with just how intricate and beautiful they are!  I'm in love. So for your viewing pleasure, here are a few of my other favorites by Zuhair Murad!




5. Tulle Skirts and T Shirts

So I keep seeing fellow bloggers and instagrammers donning those adorable tulle skirts accompanied by simple, graphic t shirts and I'm obsessed.  I love love this trend.  I think it's so cute and feminine, while still chic.  You'd think wearing what is basically a grown-up tutu would look childish, but it really doesn't!  Styled correctly, adult children can let out their inner princess without looking like you were dressed by your 6 year old niece, or what have you.  Plus, the t shirt can give it a bit of edge with sassy sayings and pop culture references!  So cute! My favorite tulle skirts I've seen come from Space 46 Boutique!  They make them in several different colors and lengths and they also do custom sizes!  So even us "Plus Size Princesses" can rock them! (Had to steal that phrase from CeCe of the blog Plus Size Princess because it couldn't have been a better fit!)





So that is what I'm obsessing about right now!!  What do you think? I want to read your comments so leave 'em below! :)

XO, Briana

Linking Up With:

 


2 comments:

  1. Hey Lady! I love your blog and nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award!! Check it out on my blog http://in2thelabyrinth.blogspot.com/ and the questions for you to answer!! Keep on posting ! ♥~Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kelly! I'm thrilled that you loved my blog! I have been nominated before, but I will definitely accept it again! Will be answering your questions very soon :)

      XO, Briana

      Delete