Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Shark Week!

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Shark Week!


Hurray for Shark Week!  Today marks the beginning of the 2014 Shark Week on Discovery Channel!  If you hadn't figured it out already, I love sharks and I love Shark Week.  I've been a shark aficionado for a very long time and always love anything ocean related.  But there is nothing like Shark Week.

Once a year, shark lovers from all over the country come together for a week full of new discoveries, stories, technological developments, and bad jokes about sharks.  And we eat it up.  No pun intended. Hah.  Anyway, there are tons of other things you can do to celebrate this joyous event besides just watching the shows.  You can host a party, dabble in a drinking game, or deck yourself out in shark-inspired apparel!  So I'm going to show you my favorite Shark Week inspired pins!

1. Nailed it.

Who doesn't love fun nail art?!  Well I found probably the cutest little nail sharks you've ever seen!  I've seen a few variations on this one, but this was by far my favorite! A great way to show your sharks some love and have adorable nails at the same time!  It's a win-win!



2.  Drinking Games...

Every good movie, TV show, or in this case television even has a drinking game.  Even Sharknado week had it's own drinking game, which I unfortunately did not have the joy in participating in.  However, I did watch the second one and it was just as ridiculous and hilarious as the first!  So if you haven't seen them yet, I don't know what you're waiting for! But I digress.  Many people have made their own variations on the classic Shark Week drinking game over the years, but they all have the same basic rules.  So feel free to change the scale based on how much you want to drink and if you want to survive the week.  Since honestly, once a shark jumps in the air in slow motion, you're pretty screwed.



3. ...And the Drinks to go with Them

You've gotta have some good, shark themed drinks to go with your drinking game!  So here are a couple of recipes I'm planning to try.  Feel free to make the non-alcoholic version for your boring, sober friend or if you're watching with the kiddos.

 



4.  Sharky Gear

How better to celebrate than with awesome gear! Grab a t-shirt, shoes, or even these awesome leggings from ModCloth!  Also, the Discovery Channel store has some awesome official Shark Week gear and more ridiculous things you will feel the need to purchase.  Or pull out any shark related things you already have!  I have a hat and a backpack!

 


5.  Comedy Shark

Shark Week viewers love Shark Week humor.  And general shark humor is funny too.  Make sure you pin some funny jokes to share with your friends at your viewing party!  Nothing is funnier than a misunderstood shark joke.  Nothing.

 


6.  Party Time!

A Shark Week party needs everything shark themed!  From plates to souvenirs, no matter how many people you have over there is a party style for you!  You can even find printable party gear!  Here are a few of my favorite party pins!
How adorable are these cupcakes?!

Very sharky garland. Printable through Etsy!
A great idea to make your party classy! Shark tea-lights! 

 So these are just a few things I wanted to share!!  I can't wait for Shark Week's kick off tonight and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!  For more fun, here is my own Shark Week pinboard full of ideas and shark funnies!

Follow Briana's board Shark Week! on Pinterest.
XO, Briana

3 comments:

  1. Those nails are sooo cute! And that shark week shirt needs to be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the nails. Such a cute blog post.. love your blog, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same!! Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it that means a lot!! :)

      Delete