Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Philly Fashion Week Feb 2014 Recap!

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Philly Fashion Week Feb 2014 Recap!


It's that time of year again!  The time where I finally get to post about the previous Philly Fashion Week right before the next one starts!  For some reason it just takes me a while to sort through everything and decide on my favorites!  But since this year I'll only be attending one show, unfortunately, I'll hopefully get the post up in a more timely fashion.  However, I do like to look back at the previous season with the start of a new one!  I think its kind of fun!  So without further ado, here is my look back at PFW February 2014!

One of the things I really love about PFW, besides all of the awesome clothes of course, is meeting new people in the industry who are local including PR people, designers, and fellow bloggers.  I've made many great friends in the past couple of years! Fashion week is somewhat of a reunion!
Me and my fellow blogger gals! Pic Cred to Erika from YCS!

Although PFW isn't nearly as large as NYFW, there's still always a huge turnout!  The venue is always packed to capacity, everyone anxious to see the shows!  In the lobby, there's food, live music and booths full of fun things to look at.
The line-up
Once inside, everyone takes their seats. Now, I've been on both sides of this coin.  The first time I went I was VIP and sat front row.  It was awesome and it made me feel super important haha.  Then the second time, I attended as press.  I wound up first sitting in the second row, but then moved to "the pit" which is where all the photographers set up.  If you've never tried it, runway photography is haarrddd.  Between the movement and the lighting it's almost impossible to get a good shot.  So I pretty much wound up screwing around with my camera most of the time instead of enjoying the show.  To my dismay, I still didn't get many good shots.  But I got a few and some videos of my favorite lines!  The first photo is from Tu Decor, a line by a wonderful woman who I am glad to call my friend!  Her line is sexy and feminine, but still bad ass! Click here to see the last looks! Second is my favorite from the line Suede Square.  The line had some really cool patterns and silhouettes!  The last photo is the finale piece from Dom Streeter's line.  I was particularly excited to see her's, since I was a huge fan from watching her win Project Runway! Philly girl's reppin'! I wish I would have gotten to meet her, but we're mutual on Twitter, so I guess that counts for something! #fangirling.  Besides my excitement, her line was beautiful and full of variety!  See her last looks here!

Tu Decor

Suede Square

Dom Streeter

Last, a fashion week post would not be complete without #OOTN's! For ready to wear, I wen't slightly more casual; For couture, I went a little more fancy!  I kept with a preppy/girly look for both looks!


[Night 1: Sweater: American Eagle | Shirt: Loehman's | Purse: My mom // Night 2: Jacket, Dress, Belt: Target | Top: Old, I don't remember | Shoes: Payless (a loonngg time ago) | Headband: J. Crew]

6 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing event!

    http://fridaynightstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! I love the outfits you wore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was!! And thank you so much!!
      XO, Briana

      Delete
  3. Looks like a fun event!

    Hazel =)
    www.theskimplelife.com
    Please follow me on Instagram: @theskimplelife

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow pretty! Try to visit www.robecart.com they have nice dresses and accessories too!

    ReplyDelete