Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Valentine's Day Style

Friday, February 6, 2015

Valentine's Day Style

Hey everyone!! So even though I will be pathetically single for Valentine's Day this year (again) I decided to stay with the spirit and put together some cute outfits!!  Basically, I'm living vicariously through everyone who will be actually doing something on the 14th besides what will most likely be me and my cousin killing a couple bottles of wine.  So take this as an, "if I was doing this, this is what I would wear" kind of thing.

So if I did have a fancy date, this is what I would put together:

Fine Valentine Dining

Since I'm always itching for a reason to dress up, what better venue than a fancy restaurant?!  I know it's soo cliche.  How creative right? (#sarcasm) But really, that's the most common date for a reason! Great food, great conversation (and great clothes) always make for a good night.

I based this look around its focal point; the dress.  I accented it with a simple pair of pumps, a flirty clutch, and lots of diamonds.  They don't have to be all real diamonds, but you get the idea,  Very classic, very chic.  For hair and makeup I did a styled ponytail, big lashes, and light pink nails.  Too much makeup won't look good against that bright red dress so I think a simple face is enough.  Maybe a swipe of lipgloss ;)

The next outfit would be suited for a different kind of date.  One where we stay in and watch some romantic movies, eat some chocolates, and cuddle.

Flirty Night In

For a night in, I paired a cute pair of boyfriend jeans with a pink slouchy sweater and pair of cheeky little flats.  Add a super fem bra to give it a sexy factor and minimal jewelry; a longer necklace and simple bracelet will do.  Bring along a cute tote bag to stash all of your favorite movies and snacks. For hair and makeup, sweep those locks into a side braid and keep makeup simple with  nice blush and swipe of black liner.

So those would be my ideal date outfits for Valentine's Day.  However, seeing as though I will not have a date this year, I've put together two additional outfits for spending the holiday with the girls.

Dance Away V-Day

If you plan on spending the night out dancing with your posse, a funky look is a must if you ask me. I put together a look centered around this adorable lip skirt (themed but not over the top is key!) doing mostly black pieces to make it stand out.  I paired the slightly flared skirt with a sporty crop top and a crazy little faux fur jacket.  I love this with a strappy patent leather stiletto, and the black lip bag mimics the skirt without being too "matchy matchy."  Top it all off with a spiked statement necklace and a bit of good, old fashioned sass and your good to go.  For hair and makeup, I stuck to voluminous "bed head" hair, a smoky eye, light pink lips, and silver nails.

Last but not least is the Valentine's Girls Brunch.  Everyone loves brunch, so why not celebrate the holiday with your best girls!  Here's an outfit I put together that is made for the ladies who brunch. Super classy and feminine, perfect for Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day Brunch

Again, I stuck to one main piece (in this case the dress) and worked my way around it.  For me, I like to look put together but still comfortable, so I paired a rather busy printed dress with a simple nude flat.  Keeping with the classic style, I added pearl earrings and some dainty stacking rings for the jewelry.  I picked a small cross-body bag to make it easy for carrying while adding a pop of color.  I kept makeup simple: just a bronze glow with a sheer lipgloss; and hair in a crown braid for a modern romantic touch.  (Also to show off those earrings!) Top it all of with a light floral scent.

I love all of these looks because they're all different in style but have the same romantic Valentine's Day vibe.  I often use Polyvore to make the outfits I'll always want to but never actually wear.  Which is unfortunate.  But I also use it to organize my thoughts when it comes to planning outfits with things I actually do own.  But I hope I was able to inspire you with these outfits or turn a light bulb on in your head as you remember "Hey, I have all of the things to make that outfit!"  This year, I'll probably be wearing what I usually wear, which is active wear.  But maybe it will be pink.  Who knows.

Regardless, I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!  If you want someone to commiserate with, you know where to find me.  Or if you want to share your V-day outfit ideas let me know!  I'd love to see them!

XO, Briana


2 comments: