Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Nothing Like a Good 'Ol Fashioned BBQ

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Nothing Like a Good 'Ol Fashioned BBQ

So this weekend I, as I'm sure many of you did, went to a barbecue.  It was awesome getting off on a Sunday during Memorial Day weekend, being in retail, so I was amped.  My parents, aunt and uncle came to visit for the weekend which was awesome, since I haven't seen anyone since I moved back down here.  Also it was my mom's and my other aunt's birthdays!  So I guess it was a Memorial Day/Birthday bash!

I started off the day at the beach with my dad, which was wonderful.  It was the perfect beach day and I was totally in mermaid status. See below.



After that and a little bit of shopping, we headed to my aunt and uncle's house for a barbecue.  I love their house so much.  They just redid it and it legit looks like a boat.  It's awesome.  So don't be surprised if you see it pop up again in future pictures.

Like any other barbecue, we had lots of food, booze, and good times.  My cousin Alyssa and I got to hang out and girl talk, which is always the best.  We even got a few pretty great snapshots!





She also might be hired as my new blog photographer since I'm starting to run out of places to hold my iPhone while I put it on the timer haha. We managed to get a pretty sick shot of my outfit!

Since I had been at the beach, and was going to be in the pool later I totally just left my bathing suit on under my dress/shirt.  That's the salt life for you.  There actually is a meaning behind the term "beach bum."


[Dress: Free People  | Hat: Claire's (like a gazillion years ago) | Shoes: Birkenstock's | Necklace: Geometric Theory (Etsy) | Bracelets: Lokai,  Lucky Brand ]

Through all of the family fun and chatting, we had to stop for a birthday celebration!  My mom and my aunt Deb had the coolest cake ever!


Unfortunately, on actual Memorial Day I had to work.  But that did not deter me from being super patriotic!!  I rocked the red, white, and blue like it was nobody's business (in my opinion.)  Another fun example of combining my usual wardrobe with my drawer full of lululemon gear. 


[Tee: Abercrombie & Fitch | Jacket: Lucky Brand | Scarf: lululemon | Pants: lululemon | Shoes: Converse ]



1 comment:

  1. I love your shirt dress! I have one that is very very similar that I use as my beach cover up!

    ReplyDelete