Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Greek Goddess Makeup Challenge: Aphrodite

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Greek Goddess Makeup Challenge: Aphrodite

So I'm really excited to be a part of this link up with the lovely Jiawun from the blog Beauty Nerd By Night!! She started this awesome idea of doing a "Greek Goddess Makeup Challenge" and I was totally in from the start!  I am all about some Greek goddess makeup.  So for the next several weeks you will see a cute little makeup tutorial that may just be inspired by a badass goddess..  Again, really over excited about this.

So challenge #1 was Aphrodite.  If you didn't already know, Aphrodite is the Greek Goddess of love, desire, & beauty.  That pretty much sums it up.  If you want to know more, do a good old Google search.  I could read about Greek gods and goddesses for hours.


Anywho, for the makeup I was inspired simply by love and the natural beauty of Aphrodite.  I did my hair and makeup and waltzed around all day in a Grecian-esq dress and was freakin loving it.  I pretty much felt like a modern embodiment of Aphrodite herself, which is exactly what I was going for.

I felt as though this makeup called for some flawless skin, so I started by doing my usual toner, eye cream, moisturizer routine.  Then I used a luminous primer, medium coverage foundation, a ton of concealer (which still failed to completely cover my dark circles.  We'll just pretend they're not there.) and topped it all off with some highlighter. [#1] I also used a bit of bronzer for a light contour on my cheek hollows, jaw line, and temples.  Last, I used a pink blush for a natural flush of the cheeks. [#2]


Then came the fun part: the eyes.  I did a natural, defined brow and used a beige liner in my water line to make my eyes look bigger.   After priming my eyelids and using a base shadow, I broke out the pinks.  This year has been my beauty renaissance; I finally figured out how to used red/pink based shadows and not look like I'm sick or dying.  So I wanted to incorporate that into this makeup.  I did an ombre style shadow look, starting with the lightest shade in the center of my lids.  Then I used the next shade on the fare end of my lid and into my crease. In the outer corner I used my darkest shade, which I also blended into the crease.  Last, I used a light nude to brighten the inner edge of my lids and a bright white to highlight my brow bone. [#3] For eyeliner, I used a liquid pen liner to create a natural cat eye and topped it off with mascara. [#4] I painted my pout with a peachy pink lipstick and I was done!

I finished off the look by putting my hair in some bouncy, Grecian curls.  I parted my hair in the center and used a curling wand, twisting my strands away from my face.  Hair fit for a goddess! I took a few too many selfies, but hey it was fun!  I even added a super cutesy, pink, heart themed pic just for Aphrodite!






Face

Eyes
Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette [Sonic, Alchemy, Bondage, Last Sin]
Urban Decay Feminine Palette [Skimp]

Lips

XO, Briana




2 comments:

  1. Pretty! I also love the hair. I totally neglected my hair for the first challenge. I was like "Well, it's only the Greek Goddess MAKEUP Challenge, right?" Haha! Awesome, Briana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the eye look and your hair looks just fab x

    ReplyDelete