Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Greek Goddess Makeup Challenge: Artemis

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Greek Goddess Makeup Challenge: Artemis

So I've finally gotten around to posting challenge #2 of the Greek Goddess Makeup Challenge!  The past couple of weeks have been a little crazy for me, so I apologize for being a bit behind!  But I'm really excited to share this look with you!  I had a lot of fun creating this badass makeup look and taking the pictures was pretty awesome too.  

Artemis is the goddess of the hunt, so naturally I thought of a a gorgeous warrior.  I pulled this drawing for inspiration, since it had the rich brown colors I was thinking of using and it was just a cool picture!

For the look I wanted some key elements; bold brows, even bolder eyes and a dark lip.  I wanted a deep, sultry look with a feminine flare.  So I started with a blank canvas.  In the picture below, I'm just wearing my foundation, powder, bronzer, and blush.  To see my "blank canvas" mini tutorial, check out the first challenge post here!


After setting up, I filled in my brows making them a little bit wider than my natural line and just a little darker to make them pop.  Then I focused on the shadow.  I used several different colors to create this kind of winged out ombre effect.  I started by creating the wing with a pencil brush and the darkest brown shadow in my Smashbox Shades of Fame palette.  It's important to create a clean line so you can actually see the wing and avoid a muddy look.  Then I began adding color.  I covered my lid with a lighter, golden shadow with a nice shine (Urban Decay Half Baked) and last used some medium browns to fill in my crease and the outer edge of my eyes.   


To finish the look, I rimmed my waterline with a beige eye pencil, lined my top lash line with a black pencil, and put on some volumnizing mascara.  For my lips, I used dark berry shade that I feel really brought the look together!  

For my photos I pulled the top of my hair back and braided the sides for that modern warrior feel and added some gold jewelry.  If you can't tell, the earrings are little arrows! I was way to excited about that.  But I did have a ton of fun doing this look! I even went out wearing the makeup and wound up getting a free tea at Starbucks.  It could have been that I looked extra pretty, OR it could have been that I felt extra pretty and was oozing confidence.  I like to think it was the latter.  ;)




Face

Eyes

Smashbox Shades of Fame Eye Palette [Mocha, Praline, Safari, Bliss]

Lips

No comments:

Post a Comment