Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Curel Itch Defense

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Curel Itch Defense

Every year when the weather starts to change, so does my skin.  With falling leaves and cool breezes comes cracked hands and itchy skin.  Blah!  I also suffer from eczema, which always flares up when the weather gets cool.  That's why I'm always on the hunt for lotions and creams to dull the excessive itch and sooth the dry patches.  So when the opportunity came up to try the Curel Itch Defense Body Wash & Spray Lotion, I was hopeful that I would find my new favorite. Boy was I right!



Courtesy of Influenster, I received a sample size of the Curel Itch Defense Body Wash and a full size of the Curel Itch Defense Instant Soothing Moisturizing Spray, as well as a coupon that I fully intend to use.  Now on to why I love it.

There is a lot to love about these products.  They are both all around fantastic.  But together they are perfection.  Starting off with the body wash is the key to getting rid of the itch.  I used the two together until every drop of that body wash was gone.  And then I went to buy more.  The body wash is like the first layer of defense, moisturizing your skin in the shower and prepping it for phase two.  I also found that the body wash is easier to get all over your body, like in hard to reach places like your back, making sure that every where is getting some love, even if you can reach it with your lotion.



Once you've lathered up and patted yourself dry it's time to apply your moisturizer.  I found this spray to be about 10x easier to apply than regular lotion.  It takes a very short time to just spray it on and rub it in, then you're done! And it smells really good! If you like the eucalyptus type scent, which I do. It was easy to get into a routine because it took such little effort.  All I had to do was use the body wash in the shower and quickly put on the lotion right after! The results were pretty amazing.


After using both products for just 3 days, I was already seeing a difference in my skin.  Right before I received these, I had a pretty bad eczema flare up on my leg.  After the 3 days, it was almost completely gone.  This is something that even a steroid cream failed to clear up.  After a few more days it was completely gone and has not returned!! I've been using it religiously and I can say that I haven't had any more eczema flare ups!  Which is awesome because they are horrible and extremely uncomfortable!

So I think I've met my new best friend for this winter.  I plan on stocking up and using it until further notice.  So much thanks to Influenster and Curel for allowing me to review such a life changing product!  I've created a Pinterest board for these products and things related that you can check out HERE!  And if you haven't seen it, here's my little demo video for the spray lotion!



As is probably apparent, I would totally recommend this product; to anyone who suffers from dry skin and/or eczema especially!  It's truly a miracle worker in my eyes! Let me know your thoughts if you try it, or tel me about your go to winter skin saver!
XO, Briana

No comments:

Post a Comment