Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Small Business Love

Monday, November 30, 2015

Small Business Love

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!  Which means it's time to get on shopping!  I've spent a lot of time deciding what I want to buy this year and where.  My initial rule was that I would stay far away from Black Friday shopping and try to get most of my things online.  However, I also find it difficult to find things that are unique and thoughtful on websites like Amazon or the like.  So this year I realized that I could wonderfully combine my hatred of crowds and my love for the crafters and makers of the world by shopping small!

I think it's really important for us, the consumer, to support the up and coming entrepreneurs.  They are the next big thing and deserve just as much attention, if not more, as the money moguls. I love buying things from people I feel like I know.  Each and every maker has a story and having things designed, handcrafted, and packaged all by that same beautiful and talented person is humbling and truly life enriching.  Plus, there are so many small businesses and people who are making beautiful things by hand that you could get a different, meaningful gift for everyone you know!  So I've compiled a short list of gift ideas from some of my favorite online small businesses!

Wingostarr Jewelry



I've been following this lovely artist on Instagram for a while now and I've been eyeing this piece myself!  Self taught jewelry designer Mallory Wingo runs the Wingostarr shop on Etsy and sells tons of beautiful jewelry, including several one of a kind pieces!  I love that she uses all kinds of gems and crystals as well as inspirational sayings!




By now ya'll know I'm a sucker for anything made in Hawaii.  Hana Maui Creations is just one of three shops I've included on my list!  These talented mother-daughter team hand make all kinds of pretty, island inspired jewelry.  I have the wave ring in silver that I wear every day!  I feel totally naked without it. Definitely vital to a mermaid's jewelry box!  


Cyber Monday Sale: Use code CYBER15 for 15% Off!


Salty Kisses Hawaii


How cute are these hammered saying bracelets from Salty Kisses Hawaii?!  I kind of want them all to wear just like this! You can choose silver or bronze and any saying you like! Or you can pick from the ones in the photo! These make a great gift that can be easily personalized.  All of the jewelry is "handmade with aloha" by Jennifer Tigley.  She also makes some really rad personalized wire name necklaces!


Small Business Saturday Sale: Use code SHPSML30 for 30% Off!

Simply Jessica Marie

Bet you didn't think of some super cute personalized stationery to gift for Christmas.  Now your bestie can write you letters in style!!  Simply Jessica Marie sells a variety of stationary, stamps, and other fun paper products!  Jessica Marie Clinch is a watercolor artist who thrives on inspiring her customers with feminine, creative products!  I will be adding one of the custom address stamps to my own Christmas list!



This chic little shop has so many great things to offer!  From cute quoted mugs to catchy graphic tees, I'd be happy with any of these under my Christmas tree!  Or in any wrapped package for that matter. The Trendy Sparrow, based in Chicago, touches on so many wonderful things like fashion, coffee, blogging, and brunching.  These are a few of my favorite things. Lindzi Shanks perfectly depicts her girl: "The Trendy Sparrow girl sips champagne any day of the week.  She enjoys eating macarons for breakfast.  She feels just as beautiful in sweats as she does in a party dress.  She dreams of Paris and wears lots of polka dots.  She loves fresh flowers and every Audrey Hepburn movie.  She works hard for what she has and looks fabulous doing it.  She is beautiful inside and out."  Seems like someone I wanna be and/or wanna be friends with, if you ask me.


Cyber Monday Sale: Use code CYBERMONDAY for 25% Off!




Another shop based in Hawaii.  Another shop I continuously stalk on Instagram. I finally was able to purchase one of the Lil Coconut Hawaii clutches that I'm currently anxiously awaiting in the mail.  I actually have mentioned the shop before in my Clinging to Summer Wish List post last fall! So basically, I'm saying I love this brand created by Maui native Amanda Dela Cruz.  All of her clutches are her own photos taken on her own island adventures, which I feel makes these so special!  


Cyber Monday Sale: Use code CYBER for 30% Off!

Molly Kay Coakley


Last, but certainly not least, is a personal friend and co-worker of mine who is super creative and talented! Native New Yorker and a Myrtle Beach transplant, Molly makes these incredible custom nail art designs!  I don't know how she does it, because I simply would not have the patience it requires.  I always give her oodles of kudos.  Not only do these make stunning artwork for the home, but also a great gift! Love you girlfriend! ;)


XO, Briana

No comments:

Post a Comment