Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : A Few of My NEW Favorite Things!

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

A Few of My NEW Favorite Things!

Over the course of a few months, I tend to accumulate new things in my beauty bag.  Some are samples, others are things I picked up on a whim.  Without further ado, here are a few of my NEW favorite things!

NKD SKN Gradual Tanning Lotion


In the summer time, I normally have a glorious tan.  My Puerto Rican skin sucks in the sun and allows me to get a sweet glow.  However, I am also half German so as soon as summer ends my tan slowly starts to fade.  By the time January/February rolls around I am a nice pasty white (for me) and it's pretty depressing.  I've tried tanning beds, which are horrible for you, and I'm strongly against spray tans because #cheeto.  So I had been on the hunt for a good self-tanner.  Alas, I did my research and found the NKD SKN brand.  They have several different kinds of self tanner, but I opted for the gradual tanning lotion.  I have to say I am super pleased with it!  It's easy to apply, goes on clear, and starts to show color within the first couple applications! My only advice would be to make sure you are super aware of the amount you put on your knees, elbows and hands.  If you put too much on your joints they'll start to get a little orange.  But I feel like all self-tanners have that issue, haha.  Overall, I give it five stars! Oh, and I also recommend using a mitt, just in case.  I got this one from ULTA!

Too Faced Le Grand Palais


My mom and I got this to share when it came out at Christmas time.  Needless to say, I've kind of hi-jacked it.  This kit has it all, but I want to focus on the pallet and the mascara.  I am obsessed with this pallet because it has everything.  Sparkly shadows, matte shadows, and the perfect base and highlight colors!  It also has a bronzer, highligher, and two blush colors that are all seriously to die for.  Honestly, I didn't expect my favorite thing about this pallet to be the highlighter, but I now use it every day.  It gives my cheek bones that perfect pop! Also, all the colors are great and the shadows have the perfect amount of pigment to really blend for a nice smoky look! I could go on about it for days, but instead I'll move on to the mascara.

Better Than Sex Mascara.  I'd been told of the magic that is this mascara, but was  always afraid to drop the dollars without getting to try it first.  So when I got a full size tube in the kit, I was super excited to take it for a spin! Let me tell you, this is probably the best mascara I've ever tried.  I absolutely love it.  Talk about big lashes, mine look like huge falsies when I wear this mascara!  I can't even explain the sheer greatness of it.  Like, I'll just wear this mascara with no shadow and no liner and look fab.  

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation


I really like this foundation!  I don't typically wear foundation unless I'm planning on doing a full face of makeup for some special reason.  But what I like about the Naked Skin Foundation is the lightweight feel with a good amount of coverage.  I'd say it gives a medium coverage, but you really don't feel like you're wearing anything! Awesome for every day!

Nao Bay Oxygenating Cream Moisturizer


I got this originally as a sample in one of my Birchboxes and fell in love! I'd been in need of a new face moisturizer, so I splurged and bought the full sized bottle.  I love it because it smells ah-mazing, feels great on my skin and works great under makeup!  Plus it's organic! And, how cute is the packaging?!

Batiste Dry Shampoo Dark & Deep Brown


As you know, I am an avid dry shampoo user and connoisseur.  I'd heard a lot of good things about Batiste and had been wanting to try it, but it was my friend's recommendation that made me go and try it for myself!  I chose to try the dark & deep brown version, since I'm always worried I'm going to miss a spot and have a streak of grey hair left over!  I really like this dry shampoo!  It doesn't have that powder smell (that I hate) and is a lot closer to the color of my hair.  It also does a great job getting rid of the unwanted greasy roots and give me a little extra volume!

ULTA Dual Action Cleansing System


I'd seen a lot about different facial brushes and really wanted to try one.  Again, was not about dropping $50+ on something I knew nothing about.  So I went on the hunt for one that was more reasonable.  The ULTA brand system works great!  I love using it to exfoliate and whenever I feel like I need a deeper clean.  It's also helped a lot with clearing up my blackheads. It's super easy to use and comes with two heads: a brush and a sponge for moisturizing.  I've yet to try the latter, so I'll have to update on that one later!  Overall, it was absolutely worth the $25.  Now, I will say this provides a pretty gentle cleanse, so if you're looking for something a little more intense or that has more features then you might want to splurge a little. But if you just want something for every day use, this one is the bee's knees! 
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I love all your favorites! I've been wanting to try out the Naked foundation, because I love all the other Naked products... I think that might be my next purchase!

    ReplyDelete