Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Hiatus

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Hiatus


Hey Everyone!

Again, I find myself apologizing for my absence.  Like I said in my last post, I just started school again so I am up to my ears in things to do. So I'd like to take a moment to talk about all that I have been up to in my crazy life.

Back 2 Skool


After being a graduate and degree holder for a good 2 years, I realized that I was getting nowhere and that I needed to do something about that.  I sifted through multiple ideas, and ultimately landed on the "going back to school" plan.  To make a long story short, I am now pursuing a degree in Journalism at my alma mater Coastal Carolina University.  Don't worry, I'll be writing a whole post on how weird it is to be in a second-degree program.


I Work Out


I'm happy to stay I've been sticking to my New Year's resolution to get in shape.  I've been eating much better, working out a few times a week, and people are already noticing the difference.  I'm to the point where even when I decide to cheat and have a shame pizza (I just really wanted some stuffed crust pepperoni, if you know what I mean) I didn't really even enjoy it.  My taste buds have betrayed me.  But honestly, I can't complain. I feel better, I look better, and I am definitely more comfortable in my own skin.  Worth it.

Love is Grand



After waiting a realllyyyy long time, I finally stumbled upon my Prince Charming.  Which is perfectly described by this Whisper submission:


Regardless of how long it took, I am incandescently happy and in love.  I feel so lucky to have him in my life and I don't know how I've every functioned without him around.  I guess this also acts as the "official" statement of the end of my singledom, haha.  He makes me realize why it never worked out with anyone else. :) However, having a boyfriend is very time consuming.  Albeit in a good way, the time I would normally be blogging is now spent out on dates or napping at 4pm.  Which I totally dig.

Werk

Rihanna's new song describes this part of my life perfectly.  Maybe.  Because honestly I can't make out a single word she says besides "werk."  So that's what this is.  Work.  I love my job, as you well know, and being a part of the lululemon family has been an awesome experience for me. Add this to the list of things I enjoy that take a lot of time.  Basically, when I'm not at school I am at work.  This makes for very long days with not a lot of down time in between.

Reporting from CCU Campus...


I am so excited to be writing for our school newspaper, The Chanticleer!  It's been so fun so far writing features and reviews and I absolutely love it!  Seeing my writing in ink for the first time was super exciting and I am not ashamed to admit I have about 8 copies of each issue floating around my room right now.  I've also made some really great, talented friends! I'm really looking forward to continuing my writing with them!!

And that pretty much sums it up!  Besides the usual romping around, occasional girl dates with friends, and impromptu beach visits.  Basically, this is why I haven't been posting.  And it actually hurts me to the core, because I do love it so much. So that is why I'm planning to write a TON over Spring Break next week!  So hopefully I'll be back to my normal posting schedule and not just a random date that I have time to write up something quick.  I've got a lot of new ideas and tricks up my sleeve, so bare with me!  I appreciate all of you and can't wait to bring you some awesome new content! Until then, keep up with me on social media! I'm always on there, haha! :)

XO, Briana

No comments:

Post a Comment