Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Wishes for 2017

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Wishes for 2017


Happy New Year everyone! In an attempt to not be cliche, I've decided to do a quick round up of my wishes for the new year instead of making "resolutions."  I guess I would define "wishes" as things that I will strive for and hope will happen, but won't beat myself up if they don't.  It's like a resolution without the built in guilt factor!



So here is what's to come for me this year.  I'm starting my final semester of school to get my Journalism degree.  Yay!  I've got one more class and then I will graduate with my second bachelor's degree. I have several wishes related to this event.  First would be allowing myself to feel proud!  I often dismiss things I do as expectations,  but when I really think about it, having two degrees is kind of a big deal!  So many people don't even make it into college, let alone graduate with honors for two separate degrees.  I'm pretty darn smart and ambitious guys, and I need to own that!

I also have high hopes for starting my career.  I still am not 100% set on exactly what I want to do.  I know I want to write and I know I want to be involved with some kind of fashion/lifestyle publication but I'll be happy working my way up there! I honestly kind of want to just see where opportunity takes me!

For 2017, I wish for love; love from every angle.  Yes, I am itching for a relationship.  Yes, I am itching to get married and start a life with someone who cares for me as much as I care for them.  But I'm also talking about love from family and friends!  I want to be surrounded by it and any negativity can just go somewhere else!

Lastly, I wish for my best self!  I will be making the highest efforts to achieve total happiness or at least make my way on the path! I really want to take care of myself: mind, body and soul.  So I wish for the motivation to practice yoga regularly, read every day and surround myself with constant positivity.


Above are my favorite moments from 2016: spending time with family, gaining new friends and enjoying new experiences! Reflecting back on the past year, it was absolutely the worst year of my life.  I lost so much and hit an ultimate low that I wasn't sure I'd spring back from.  But here I am in 2017 and I survived; I made it.  And I am determined to remember the good things that happened last year and go into this new year with the determination to make it one of the best years of my life!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment