Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Grace & Frankie

Monday, March 27, 2017

Grace & Frankie

Not only have I become totally obsessed with the show, Grace and Frankie, but I have also come to the realization that those characters are pretty much the two parts to my personality. Gemini's are often referred to as having "split personalities," however it's not always a devil and angel situation. In my case, one of my twins is just like Grace: a driven, hyper organized career woman. The other twin, however, is just like Frankie: a free spirited, bohemian artist.

Having to cater to both of these personalities can be really difficult! Making decisions is a constant struggle, because I often can't satisfy them both. Recently, I've been trying to decide what I want to do after I graduate. Looking at the big picture, the type of job I want is pretty specific.  In my Grace state of mind I think, "Go to New York. That is where you'll find the most opportunities and the biggest job market in your field." But then Frankie chimes in: "But it's the North and there's winter and it's cold and there's no beach."

Like, obviously Grace's idea makes much more sense and is in charge of my logic system. She focuses on the best options and what will make me successful. But then Frankie is the center of my happiness. She knows that even though something makes more sense, it's not necessarily going to make me happy.

I know it sounds like it, but I promise I'm not schizophrenic. I'm simply excited about this metaphor that finally has allowed me to explain what it's like to have two very different parts of yourself and also helps me understand why I often feel conflicted. I can now more easily assess each part to my argument and decide whether to listen to one or compromise with both.

I guess the moral of this story is that if you find yourself having a crisis and can't understand why, just break it down!

XO, Briana

No comments:

Post a Comment