Sequin Gowns & Mermaid Crowns : Lancôme Love!

Friday, May 5, 2017

Lancôme Love!


Hello lovlies! I realize it's been a while since I've posted and I apologize. I'll start with my usual spiel: I'm graduating on Saturday, so the past month has been hectic blah de blah de blah. You get the gist. But I do have some great reviews lined up, so keep your eyes peeled for more regular posts from me! On that note, let's get down to business!

Recently, I was lucky enough to be chosen by Influenster to try and review and entire collection of Lancôme products! I'd heard some great things about the foundation in particular so I was really excited to get my hands on it! The group includes the Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation SPF 15(in 250 Bisque-W), the Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Camouflage Concealer(in 220 C Buff), the Click & Glow Highlighting Skin Fluid(in Lumières de'Or), and the Le Métallique Metallic Lip Laquer(in Mirrored Nude.)

Let's start with the foundation! This was the one I was most excited about, after hearing NikkiTutorials rave about it for months. The first time I put it on, I wasn't super impressed, but I realized I wasn't using enough and that my dump beauty blender seemed to dilute it a bit. When I tried it again with a bit more product, I fell in love. I need a bit more coverage in certain spots and this foundation did the trick! It's super buildable, but still pretty high coverage to begin with. Unlike a lot of high coverage foundations, this one feels light in comparison and doesn't make you feel like a total cake face. It's a photoshop finish without piling on the product! I have mostly dry skin, and it felt nice: not drying or oily at all! The color matched me perfectly without a tan, which I will now have to use a good deal of bronzer to wear it now haha! But the wide range of colors and tones makes for an easy match! Also, Lancôme was not kidding when they said ultra long wear. This baby lasts and this is coming from someone who starts their day at 5am and goes to bed at 10pm some days. I put it on, went to work, came home, napped for a few hours and it still looked flawless! Definitely would recommend it for anyone looking for a medium-high buildable coverage!
My silly face with just foundation.
Next up is the concealer. Unfortunately, the color on this wasn't as easy to match so it was kind of hard for me to judge. I'm hoping to update when I have a deeper tan, however I still think it will be too cool toned for me. But I'll base this review mostly on the formula. This is a great concealer for blemishes and other things you want to cover, but I wouldn't recommend it for under the eyes. I liked it to cover up a couple of scars that I have. I usually have trouble covering them, but this concealer erased them like magic. I wish so much that the color was right because I would absolutely use it regularly! On the opposite end, I found that the formula was really super oily and shiny to a fault. It didn't bother me on the scars but when I used it under my eyes I had to choice but to bake, which still didn't mattefy the area completely. It did a good job with coverage, but I'm still pretty attached to my Tarte Shape Tape for my under eyes.
Another silly face with foundation and concealer.
The highlighting fluid was pretty cool and something different. I had never tried a liquid highlighter, so I was absolutely curious! This one gave a subtle golden glow and it was beautiful on the cheekbones. I'm used to the more powder metallic highlighters, but the liquid made it seem more like a "glowing from within" look than the "I just smeared unicorn blood on my face" look (which I happen to enjoy by the way lol.) It was very easy to use and great for travel. It does have an applicator tip but I would recommend using that if you're not applying on top of powder. I just put some on my finger and dabbed it on. Overall, I think it's really pretty and something out of the box!
Check out that glow though!!

Finally is the lip lacquer. Lancôme describes it as full coverage, however I found the color I got came off more as a gloss. It may have been because the color was very close to my lips but regardless, it was very pretty on. I did also try it as a lip topper over a nude lipstick and that looked nice too! So I think it's a versatile product that feels nice and hydrating on the lips. I would be curious to try one of the bolder colors.

Overall, I think Lancôme's Teint Idole collection has a lot to offer! My favorite was definitely the foundation, but I will absolutely use the other products as well! Below is a completed look featuring all of the Lancôme products. Have you tried any of these? What did you think? Let me know in the comments! Much thanks to Lancôme and Influenster for letting me try these for free!

XO, Briana

No comments:

Post a Comment